A Message to our Patients
The COVID-19 pandemic has been a very difficult time for all of us. Many of you have been forced to wait for dental care, and we deeply appreciate your understanding while we kept our office closed to help control the spread of the virus.
We are happy to say that we are planning to reopen our office for patient treatment on Monday, May 4th.
Your health and well-being continue to be our highest priority, and we are ONLY opening because we have carefully planned and revised our office procedures to greatly minimize the risk of infection for our patients and our team members. Our own families are also patients here, so you can be assured that we’ll be taking care of you just as well as we’ll be taking care of them.
Per the Alabama State Dental Board requirements, everyone must wear (patients, parents, siblings, etc.) a face covering if entering the building. Thank you in advance for your compliance
For your peace of mind, the following additional measures we will be taking to provide a safe dental treatment experience include, but are not limited to, the following:
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
- Parents and patients will be screened BEFORE entering the building and temperatures will be checked on everyone. Any parent or patient showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointment for 14 or more days out.
- Everyone who enters the office will sanitize their hands at our check-in table at our front door.
- Parents will be asked a series of Covid-19 related screening questions prior to entering our building.
- Only ONE parent per patient/family will be allowed entry into the office. Additional parents and other family members will be asked to wait outside whenever possible.
- Patients are strongly encouraged to wait in their cars or outside the office until their scheduled appointment time.
- Our waiting room will have a set number of maximum persons allowed at any given time.
- We ask that people sit 6 or more feet apart if they are in our waiting room.
- Please bring only necessary personal items to our office.
- Our water fountain will not be available to patients.
- We will ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the office, including the front desk.
- We are keeping doors propped open when possible to minimize contact with door knobs/handles.
- There will be no physical contact with patients with the exception of treatment.
During and In Between Treatment
- All rooms will be COMPLETELY sterilized before each patient is seated, and public areas will be cleaned and sterilized frequently throughout the day.
- Our team will STRICTLY follow guidelines set forth by the CDC, OSHA, and ADA in regard to personal protective equipment (PPE) and office sterilization.
- During patient care, masks, goggles, or face shields will be worn by everyone.
- All surfaces that come in contact with the patient will be wiped with disinfectant
- Items that are unable to be wiped down have been removed from treatment areas.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- Front desk members will be wearing protective face masks.
- After every transaction, the checkout desk and glass will be wiped with a disinfectant.
- We are minimizing contact with pens, paper, clipboards, credit card machines and receipts, etc. as much as possible.
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution, but we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one.
We look forward to seeing you soon!