Sharing your love with your family on Valentine’s Day means showing them you care about their health. There are some great options for Valentine’s recipes that will still fulfill your and your child’s sweet teeth. The article at the link below shares a ton of information, but here are my top 5 favorites:
- Cupid’s Vanilla Berry Smoothie – You can make breakfast festive by using the colors of Valentine’s Day, but the healthy alternatives of yogurt and berries to get a great fruit smoothie. This recipes has three ingredients and is very easy to make. Put your smoothie in a fun holiday cup or mason jar and top with fruit to make it extra special. The recipe can be found here.
- Fruit Pizza – It’s a cookie with fruit and cream cheese frosting on top. Maybe it’s not the healthiest alternative, but it’s easy to control your portions and it mixes the delectable with the healthful. Cut the fruit into heart shapes to dress it up for Valentine’s Day. Add strawberries and raspberries for Valentine’s color. The recipe can be found here.
- Yogurt Dipped Ombre Strawberries – Now, I would eat these all year round. The yogurt hardens to taste like flavored white chocolate! They even make chocolate yogurt in the dairy aisle that you can substitute to get the look and similar taste to a chocolate dipped strawberry. The recipe can be found here.
- Raw Cake Pops – Cake pops are usually covered with chocolate and stuffed with sugary cake. This recipe allows you to create a cake pop with the taste of raw cookie dough, while plugging in some key nutrients. It’s also vegan and pink for Valentine’s! This recipe can be found here.
- Strawberry Beet Muffins – I know what you are thinking…beets? Yes! Beets are actually a secret ingredient for some bakers. They moisten cake without impacting flavor. These muffins look like they are chocolate with sweet red strawberries on top. They are also made with wholesome ingredients for the whole family to enjoy. This recipe can be found here.
Medplex Pediatric Dentistry serves as a top rated pediatric dentist for Alabaster, Birmingham, Hoover, Helena, and Pelham, AL.