NuSmile for a Natural Match – Don’t Settle for Silver
Pediatric crowns are typically recommended for children who have dental injury such as a broken tooth or decay beyond repair. Even though baby teeth will fall out, restoring the tooth is crucial to ensure proper dental development.
Many options are available for pediatric crowns including silver caps. However, at Medplex, we use NuSmile crowns because of their durability, natural match to the color of your child’s teeth and comfort.
Ways to prevent needing a pediatric crown caused by decay include:
- Ensure your child has their dental checkup every six months
- Don’t allow your child to fall asleep with a bottle in their mouth
- Keep candy and starches to a minimum in your child’s diet
- Brush and floss twice daily
- Schedule your child to see a dentist before age 1
Sometimes, pediatric crowns cannot be avoided. In these instances, we will consult with you on the advantages of NuSmile and how it may help your child maintain their confidence and appropriately continue their permanent tooth development. Some quick facts about NuSmile include:
- NuSmile crowns are made of zirconia, built for durability
- When you choose a NuSmile Zirconia Crown for your child, it’s almost impossible to tell the difference between a natural healthy tooth and the crown.
- Try on options are available for trial fittings in preparation for the final product, removing extra time your child needs to be in the dentist’s chair and to ensure adhesion success.
If you have any questions about NuSmile, please ask any of us at Medplex!
Medplex Pediatric Dentistry serves as a top-rated pediatric dentist for Alabaster, Bessemer, Birmingham, Calera, Chelsea, Hoover, Helena, and Pelham, AL.