When it comes to dental benefit plans, millions of people each year are ringing in the New Year without scheduling appointments after their deductibles are met. Don’t let your hard-earned dental dollars go to waste. At Medplex Pediatric Dentistry, we encourage you to get the most out of your dental benefit plan. Here are 5 of the best ways to put your premium dollars to work:
1. Preventive Visits: Most plans typically pay 100% for preventive visits, so if you have not had one yet, this may be a good time to schedule one. What may be a simple cavity that only needs a filling, can turn into a crown or even the premature loss of the tooth. Preventive visits can also include sealant application and other procedures.
2. Stubborn Baby Teeth: Sometimes that stubborn baby tooth that won’t loosen and that can cause the permanent tooth to come in crooked. Stubborn baby teeth can easily be removed to help make the orthodontics easier and more cost effective for your child in the future.
3. Cleanings: Every dental insurance allows 2 cleanings anytime in the year (there may even be some that allow more). If you haven’t yet taken advantage of your children’s 2 cleanings, they will be lost come January 1st.
4. Tooth Pain: If your child has any tooth pain, regardless of how little, now is the time to get that looked at.
5. Procedures: If your child needs a nonemergent dental procedure, now would be the time schedule it and get the most opportunity for savings.
Medplex Pediatric Dentistry serves as a top-rated pediatric dentist for Alabaster, Birmingham, Calera, Chelsea, Hoover, Helena, and Pelham, AL.